Oh my goodness - I made the most spectacular discovery - Friendly Fantail Turmeric Latte spice mix and feijoa = best friends!! Who knew? Certainly not me until my 12 year old found a whole stash of perfect Feijoas under our tree and I set about working out how to use them :-) What a wonderful discovery.
So I wanted to share this recipe with you...super easy... super delicious...
This recipe is gluten free and can easily be made diary free too.
1 1/2 cup gluten free flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of Friendly Fantail Turmeric Latte mix
A pinch of salt
100 grams butter (or coconut spread in our case), softened
1 cup white sugar
2 free range eggs
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of sour cream (if you are dairy free you can simply leave this out)
1 cup chopped and mushed feijoa
1) Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius.
2) Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl
3) In a large bowl or mixer beat together the butter/spread, sugar, eggs and vanilla until the mixture is smooth and it's lightened up
4) Mix in the sour cream
5) Mix the dry ingredients into the mixture in the large bowl. Stir in about 1/3 of the dry ingredients at a time.
6) Spoon into your greased muffin tin
7) Bake at 160 degrees celsius for about 30 minutes.
Super YUM! My first batch lasted a grand total about about 15 minutes, once my 9 and 12 year old had spied them!!! #niceproblemtohave