Using Turmeric for Depression Can Also Be Good For Your Health
Friendly Fantail is all about turmeric, and it’s an added benefit that you can use turmeric as a supplement for depression. Turmeric is a root and is well known for its bright yellow colour. Like its relative ginger, it contains phytochemicals that could reverse inflammation. The curcumin that occurs naturally in turmeric is particularly effective as an anti-inflammatory, which could be helpful in the treatment of depression.
Little Known Facts about Turmeric and Depression
Depression is a common mood disorder. Its severity can affect your ability to think, work, feel, sleep and can even change your behaviour. It affects hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
- Depression and chronic inflammation are linked and can aggravate each other.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which has been known to scavenge reactive oxygen, which is inflammation-causing free radicals. Oxidative stress occurs when there is an imbalance between the production of free radicals and the body’s antioxidant system. When you reduce this kind of stress, a decrease in inflammation can often follow.
- It is important to note that – as is true of many natural products – quality can vary greatly. We use organic ingredients of the highest quality to produce our lattes.
Benefits of Shopping at Friendly Fantail
Our all-organic lattes are proudly, locally produced in New Zealand. Our 100-gram sachet can make up to 80 servings, which works out to about 31 cents per serving, amazingly cost-effective and brilliant value for money.
- We love to say that our lattes are “free of everything except goodness” and we mean it. They are caffeine-, dairy-, gluten-, refined sugar-, nut-, and preservative and additive-free.
- The black pepper in our lattes aids with the absorption of curcumin, which is turmeric’s active ingredient. The body finds it difficult to absorb curcumin on its own, which is where the black pepper comes in.
- Our lattes also contain ginger and cinnamon, both of which are longstanding ingredients in Ayurvedic medicine.
Why trust Friendly Fantail regarding Turmeric for Depression?
Our journey originally started when we wanted to find a more health-conscious alternative to the caffeine-laden teas and coffees that are so freely available. Many of the currently available drinks profess to be healthy but contain ingredients which contradict that claim. So, after much trial and error, we finally perfected our delicious turmeric latte. We ventured even further down this path when we were faced with a diagnosis of a severe illness and did substantially more investigation about how food as medicine would be beneficial.
It can’t hurt to add that our products are the only Kiwi products of this kind given five stars by consumers. Bear in mind that we make the product of finely ground spices, so you will always have some sediment – it will not dissolve entirely like instant coffees or hot chocolate products.
Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions; we would love to hear from you.